100 years ago, he and Prince Meningitis were good friends at the time. But, imperial traitors who wanted to express their own filthy ideas of democracy on the Furon Empire and marked Meningitis for death. The Master managed to stop the assassination, but he was marked for death, and fled to Earth, where he crash-landed off the coast of China. The Master wanted revenge, but he soon realized that the beliefs of enlightenment and philosophy in the east could help him improve his mental abilities, so he immersed himself in the ways of the east, and over time, lost his desire for revenge. Instead, he built an academy, in which he gained students and followers to pass his knowledge down upon.
He took on an apprentice, named Saxon, but Saxon went power mad, and formed a local Triad known as the White Dragon Kung Fu Society, to oppose The Master and gain power. The Master then states that the reappearance of Nexos could mean only that the conspirators have found him, and struck a deal with Saxon, promising him Furon weaponry to spread his criminal empire on Earth if he helps them destroy the Master.
He enlists Crypto's help to defeat Saxon, the Nexos, and the Furon conspirators. When he sends Crypto on a fool's errand so he can fight Saxon alone, he dies at his hand in front of Crypto.
However, at the end of the game, the Master reappears from the Jade Talisman that he gave to Crypto (which is revealed to be a one-off cloning device). The Master is revealed to be the true conspirator, having introduced synthetic DNA to Henri Crousteau and is responsible for calling in the Nexos to attack Crypto's casino as part of his plan to take Meningitis' throne. He was responsible for all of the troubles that were put upon Crypto. Upon learning this, The Master is smacked into a wall and killed by Orthopox-14 on Crypto's hinting.
The Master is an expert practitioner of Psychokinesis. He can use PK on multiple objects simultaneously, float in the air, and surround himself with a barrier. He has also developed the ability to perform mind-to-mind communication with people. He is also a master of the Temporal Fist, a highly advanced technique that allows him to slow down and stop the flow of time, even around a single person.
He is also a martial arts expert and a master manipulator, having orchestrated the events of the entire fourth game for the purpose of usurping the Furon Emperor's throne.
- "I see you have rejoined us, I hope your sleep was pleasant. Welcome, to Shen Long."
- "You have much to learn about the true power of your mental abilities."
- "Psychokinetic power is not just a beam from your brain. It is part of the fabric of life. A force, if you will, of nature. To understand it, is to be whole, to see the path of your own destiny."
- "It is the foolish slug who gargles with salt water." (referring to Crypto threatening him)
- "Ah, your mental powers are strong against students, but how will you fare against the Master?"
- "Foolish slug, your insolence is matched only by your ignorance!"
- "May the Fist be with you, Crypto."
- "This is the way of things, the flower must die for the fruit to live."
- "Crypto, the true power of the Temporal Fist is already in you, when you truly need to use it, you will know how." Keep this with you always. You are the son I never had. Mostly because I lacked the necessary genitalia. Ugh." (faking his death)
- "Yes, Yes! At last I have won! Foolish slug, do you not see? I was the conspirator! I set it all in motion, calling in the Nexos, winning your favor, staging my death, exposing the synthetic DNA! Meningitis would never have allowed me this close to him, so I imprinted myself on this one-off cloning device, and had you smuggle me in! Emperor at last!" (The Master's true colors)
- But it is so! I will remake the Furon Empire in my own image! We will live lives of pure philosophy in the quest for enlightenment. What do you have to say to that?" (Last words)