Silhouette was female, but she did not want to reveal this to anyone other than her fellow agents, due to the 1950s era's rampant sexism. Ironically enough, Silhouette herself is rather sexist toward men, seeing women as the dominant sex and has desires to rule the world.
Throughout the game, Silhouette wears a black trench coat, gas mask, and fedora hat to conceal her gender identity. Her mask's mechanism also disguises her true voice to sound mechanically male.
Outside of her disguise, Silhouette has shoulder-length brunette hair curled at the bottom and fringe into ringlets, and blue eyes. She wears a latex catsuit held together by a white girdle and matching boots and gloves. She also has a beauty mark around her eyes, and wears eyeliner and red lipstick.
Powers & AbilitiesDuring the final boss fight, she is shown to be very agile, being able to perform flip and cartwheel moves and using kicks in close combat. She wields dual, rapid-fire pistols that fire pink laser blasts and emit clusters of energy bombs.
She also was able to use her latent Furon powers without suffering mental retardation, like the Psi-Mutants. Silhouette only displayed the ability to erect an invulnerable shield while regenerating health.
When the Furon soldier, Crypto 136 traveled to Earth on a mission and crashed after being struck by a missile, Silhouette took him in for experiments. She also extracted information from 136 about the Furons before the Furon expired. Silhouette had the remains of Furon technology they could gather so it could be made into new weapons for the Majestic.
Silhouette first appears in the town of Rockwell. One of her agents convinces two teenagers into joining the cause of getting rid the Furons. The agent then returns to Silhouette in the back alley where their car is parked and reports that their plans are going successfully. Silhouette and the agent leave and go to Santa Modesta. Crypto sees everything and takes out the film strip that Silhouette set up to hypnotize the citizens of Rockwell, and put them under their own control using their own film made by Pox.
Later, Crypto and Pox travel to Area 42 to rescue Crypto 136, only to find him dead. Seeking revenge, they attempt to assassinate General Armquist with a nuke, failing to kill him, but by doing so, they crushed their air defense forces. Silhouette then angrily contacts Armquist about failing to defeat the Furons just as he did in Santa Modesta and tells him to return to Capitol City.
At the Octagon, Silhouette unveils her "project for a new American century"; she commands Armquist to unite the entire Military with Majestic under a single chain of command. Armquist is at first reluctant to comply and argues against Silhouette, but with Silhouette given special authority under the President, Armquist has no choice and does as she says. Crypto, having heard the plan, follows Armquist, who goes to Union Town to unite the Joint Chiefs. Crypto infiltrates the meeting disguised as the Navy Admiral and speaks against Armquist's statements, causing the other generals to disagree with Armquist and leave. Crypto then reveals himself to Armquist. The two fight and Crypto defeats Armquist, at first acting like the Furons wish to make peace with Earth, but then disintegrating him after the joke was over.
Crypto returns to Capitol City and kills President Huffman. Silhouette announces that Earth will surrender to them. Crypto and Silhouette meet at the Capitol Building. Crypto becomes surprised to see that Silhouette knows his name. Silhouette evily mentions that she has Crypto's brother to thank for that. Enraged, Crypto charges into Silhouette with his jetpack. Silhouette shows her agility by flipping over Crypto and knocking him away with a spin kick. Crypto's jetpack blasts Silhouette, tearing her coat and breaking her mask. She completely removes the male disguise and reveals that she is really a woman. Silhouette decides that "Plan A" was unsuccessful and moves onto "Plan B". A large rumble sounds and Silhouette unveils the Roboprez, a giant cyborg controlled by the brain of President Huffman. Silhouette disappears and Crypto battles the Roboprez with his Saucer and defeats it.
After the battle Pox and Crypto try to find Silhouette. She disrupts their transmission and tells them that she is at the Octagon. Crypto lands at the Octagon and confronts Silhouette, who wields twin energy blasters. The two brawl and after a lengthy duel, Crypto manages to gain the upper hand. With her last words, Silhouette tells Crypto that there are still much more humans around the world and that Majestic has more agencies. Crypto declares Earth a territory of the Furon Empire and crushes Silhouette's face beneath his foot.
- "I'm a patriot. If you had to put up with politicians playing grab-ass all day long, you'd wear a mask too."
- "That, my gender-deprived friend, is plan B. The end of your insidious invasion, a champion even you can't defeat, the greatest political mind of the 20th century in the greatest weapon ever built by man! Behold, the Roboprez!"
- Sure, you handled the boys, Armquist, Huffman. Oh, that was a challenge (laughs). But everybody knows which sex is dominant on this planet."
- (Inner thoughts) "These Furons don't impress me, they don't even have any women amongst their species. How do they expect to conquer the universe without women?"
- (Inner thoughts) "All this power, and I still only make 76 cents for every dollar a man makes."
- (Inner thoughts) "This big, blue baby doesn't seem so threatening. I mean sure he's destroyed cities across our fair land, but look at the miserable little twerp."
- "You beat me. I can't believe you actually beat me."
- "Smug, little insect, there are three billion people on this planet, and everywhere there are humans, there is Majestic."
- In her male disguise, Silhouette bears similarities to Hellboy villain, Karl Kroenen.
- If you read a Majestic Agent's mind sometimes, he will claim he was hitting on her at a party and found out she was a chick, it doesn't effect the way Crypto thinks of Silhouette being a man.