In Area 42 in the mission where Cryptosporidium 137 has to rescue Cryptosporidium 136, two soldiers can be seen having a conversation. If Crypto (in Holobob) goes close enough to them, the two soldiers will start to talk about their mission and speak of returning home to Russia at night. After they finish conversation, they resume their work undercover.
- "Nyet...Idiot Americans. They wouldn't know a Soviet spy if he waved a shotgun in their faces."
- They foreshadow the events of the second game.
- They can only be found in Area 42 near Crypto 136's crash site.
- They are the first characters in the series from to be spies from a different country working undercover. The second is the Undercover Agent.
- They can be counted as an Easter Egg in the game, as they are unexpected.
- They can be killed if the player chooses too.